Last Updated: October 22, 2019
1. Access and Use of this Site
- Final Research Reports;
- Tools and resources included in the Engagement Tool and Resource Repository for Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR); and
- Dissemination and Implementation Award Deliverables.
PCORI encourages and permits links to Materials on this Site provided that (a) such links are text only and are clearly marked “Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute” and (b) the appearance, position, and other aspects of the link does not create the false appearance that PCORI is associated with or sponsors or endorses another entity.
Certain features of this Site enable you to post, store, transmit, and/or submit information, materials, comments, and other content (collectively, “Submissions”). Except to the extent governed by Other Terms and Conditions, by posting, storing, transmitting, and/or submitting any Submission, you automatically grant to PCORI a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license (with the right to sublicense) to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, display, use, create derivative works, modify, edit, or act on such Submission (in each case, in whole or in part) without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for any purpose.
You represent that (a) all Submissions are true, accurate, and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief and (b) you have all requisite rights to, and are authorized to disclose, all of the information contained in a Submission. You acknowledge that you are fully responsible for any Submission you make and for the legality, reliability, appropriateness, and originality thereof. PCORI may refuse to post, or may remove at any time, any Submission submitted for posting on this Site for any reason.
PCORI has no liability for the deletion of, or failure to store, any Submissions. You are responsible for backing-up and keeping copies of your Submissions.
4. Code of Conduct
You agree to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies applicable to your access to and use of this Site and the Materials. Furthermore, you agree to use this Site and the Materials only for purposes that are consistent with PCORI’s mission and authorizing law. You agree not to do the following:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying this Site. This includes, without limitation: (a) using, or attempting to use, any account without the owner’s permission; or (b) obtaining or soliciting another person’s password or other personal information under false pretenses.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise represent your identity or affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of this Site. This includes, without limitation, (a) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of this Site, or attempting to do so; (b) accessing, or attempting to access, any portion of this Site that you are not authorized to access; or (c) imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site.
- Use any “page scrape,” “robot,” “spider,” or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of this Site.
- Post, store, transmit, or submit any Submissions that include any content that (a) infringes upon, misappropriates, or violates another person’s copyrights, privacy or publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights; (b) is unlawful, threatening, hateful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable or offensive (as determined by PCORI); (c) is false, misleading, fraudulent, or inaccurate or contains gross exaggerations or unsubstantiated claims; (d) could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law; (e) advertises, promotes, or solicits goods or services for commercial purposes; or (f) contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, malware, adware or other harmful or disruptive device or component.
- Misuse any e‑mail or sharing functions available on or through this Site.
- Use this Site to harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information for purposes of sending unsolicited commercial email, bulk-emails, or emails where the sender’s e-mail address is not disclosed.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any Materials or any portion of this Site.
- Use this Site or any Materials for any unlawful purposes.
- Use this Site or any Materials for any commercial purposes. For purposes of clarity, a commercial entity may access and use this Site and the Materials, but this Site and the Materials may not be commercialized (i.e., sold or otherwise made accessible for a fee)).
- Frame or mirror any Materials or portion of this Site.
When using any Materials, you may not (a) state or imply that PCORI is endorsing you, your viewpoints, your research/conclusions, or any of the products or services that you or your organization may provide or (b) represent that you or your organization has a relationship with PCORI unless that relationship is the subject of a written agreement that has been signed by PCORI.
6. Security; Passwords
While PCORI has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, PCORI is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet. You assume the sole and complete risk for using this Site. You may be required to create an account with a username and password to access and use certain portions of this Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password, and you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. PCORI will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the unauthorized use of your username or password. You are required to notify PCORI immediately of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account or password and take reasonable steps to stop such use.
PCORI reserves the right at any time and for any reason to limit, suspend, or terminate your access to and use of this Site (or any portion thereof) without notice or liability. You are responsible for keeping copies of all your Submissions for which you want to ensure access. Discontinuation of use of this Site is your sole right and remedy for any dissatisfaction with this Site or any Materials.
8. Limitation of Service; Changes
PCORI reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the availability of this Site and/or any Materials to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction it so desires. PCORI may change this Site and revise, add, or remove any Materials at any time.
9. Intellectual Property Rights; Use of PCORI Trademarks
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. PCORI reserves the right to remove any material on this Site which allegedly infringes another person’s copyright. Notices to PCORI regarding any alleged copyright infringement on this Site should be directed to:
Amy Damsker, Senior Operations Manager
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
1828 L St. NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC, 20036
12. Other Terms and Conditions
13. Third-Party Content
Some content available on this Site is provided by third parties. Opinions in such content are the opinions of the third party who provided such content. PCORI does not endorse the third party provider or make any guarantees with respect to the accuracy or reliability of the information and data in such content.
14. Third-Party Websites
15. Medical Disclaimer
The Materials are made accessible on this Site for informational purposes only. PCORI does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, health care providers, products, services, procedures, methods, or other information that may be mentioned in the Materials. PCORI is not responsible nor liable for any advice, course of treatment, or diagnosis based on the information in any Materials. The Materials are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in any Materials. Medical professionals are encouraged to use the information in the Materials in conjunction with, and not as a replacement for, their best clinical judgment. The information may not be relevant or applicable to all situations and decisions to apply any information in the Materials must be made in light of individual facts and specific circumstances.
16. Disclaimer of Warranty
Use of this Site is entirely at your own risk and is subject to all applicable state, national and international laws and regulations. THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIALS ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON‑INFRINGEMENT. The foregoing exclusions of implied warranties do not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law. PCORI does not warrant (a) that the use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free; (b) that the Materials are or will be accurate, current, complete, reliable, or of any particular value or quality; (c) that defects in this Site or in the Materials will be corrected or that this Site or the Materials will be updated; or (d) that this Site or the Materials are free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malware, adware, or other harmful or disruptive devices or components.
17. Limitation of Liability
20. Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
22. No Agency
23. Entire Agreement/Reservation of Rights